Individuals are eligible for admission to courses creditable toward an associate degree, certificate or short term certificate if they meet the following criteria and have completed and submitted an application for admission, official high school and college transcripts, and proof of identification.
One primary form of photo documentation, such as:
- Unexpired Alabama Driver’s License or instruction permit
- Unexpired Alabama Identification Card
- Unexpired US Passport
- Unexpired US Permanent Resident Card
- Resident Alien Card – Pre 1997
- Unexpired Driver’s License or instruction permit from another state or possession that verifies lawful presence, dated 2000 and beyond
- US Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-151) prior to 1978
- BIA or tribal identification card with photo
- I-797 Form with Expiration Date
- Voter Identification Card from a state that verifies lawful presence
High School Graduates
- A student who holds an Alabama High School Diploma, the high school diploma of another state equivalent to the Alabama High School Diploma, or an equivalent diploma issued by a non-public high school; Policies related to non-public non-accredited high school diplomas are subject to revision by the Alabama Community College System Board of Trustees
- A student who holds a GED Certificate issued by the appropriate state education agency.
Non-High School Graduates
- Non-high school graduates or non-GED recipients seeking admission may only enroll in non-degree creditable courses or programs.
- Non-high school graduates or non-GED recipients who are admitted to an Alabama Community College System institution must be able to benefit from instructional training as indicated by attainment of at least minimum scores on an approved academic assessment. Students covered by this policy may not enroll in courses or programs that lead to an associate degree.