Lyft Ride Smart at Drake State
Drake State has partnered with Lyft to provide students a new mobility resource for improved, reliable ride access around town. Lyft is a ridesharing company founded in 2012 with a mission to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. Learn more about creating a Lyft account and riding with Lyft here.
• 4 rides free up to $50 per ride
• 24-hour service
• Rides must start and end in the service area (see below)
• Valid on Standard Lyft rides only
If you did not receive an invitation, please fill out this form. Don’t have a Lyft account? Download the app and create an account to get started. Still have questions? Reach out to Tiffany Green with Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Note: This program will be available to Drake State students until August 31, 2023. You will be notified about any changes in the program should they arise.
To qualify for a discounted ride, your Lyft Standard ride must begin and end within the service area shown on the map below:
Additional Program Information
- If you request a ride that doesn’t meet the criteria, you will not see the discount shown on your ride confirmation screen and you will pay out of pocket. Lyft will not provide refunds for rides that take place outside of the geofence parameters.
- Prices may be impacted by distance, traffic, time of day, special events and prime time surcharges.
- After your ride ends, make sure your payment method reflects the discount to ensure your program credits applied. If your credits did not apply and you believe this was in error, contact Lyft support through the Lyft app.
Tips For Riding Smart with Lyft:
- Verify your ride by making sure the license plate number, driver information, and car make and model match what you see in the app.
- Share your location and route with a friend or loved one from within the Lyft app so they can follow your ride in real time.
- Follow the Lyft vehicle on GPS via the app.
- Ask the driver to say who they are picking up.
- Learn more about how to ride smart with Lyft here.