The Division of Student Services provides a nurturing environment, support services and extracurricular activities which serves to enrich the student’s learning experience and assist students in achieving their goals.
The Student Services staff is committed to providing comprehensive services for prospective, current, and graduating students making the transition from the education to the work environment.
To achieve this purpose, the goal of the Student Services Department is as follows:
- Provide pre-enrollment counseling and assessment that assists students in identifying their interests and abilities;
- Provide an orientation program that assists students in transitioning to the College and that enhances their opportunities for personal, educational, and career success;
- Provide convenient admission and registration services that facilitate access to the College;
- Provide accurate, current, and expedient financial assistance counseling and services in a manner that maximizes the student’s ability to attend college. All financial assistance services provided will be delivered in a manner that protects the dignity of the student;
- Provide counseling suitable to the needs of students and a referral service for students whose needs require attention outside of the College;
- Provide tutorial services, career information, and job placement assistance;
- Provide opportunities for students to participate in leadership and cultural experiences as a supplement to their educational experience.