INTENT TO EMPLOY
POSITION: ADJUNCT POSITIONS
Minimum Requirement: Master’s Degree and 18 graduate hours in field.
Career Technical Education
Accounting – Minimum Requirement: Master’s Degree and 18 graduate semester hours in Accounting.
Automotive Technology – Minimum Requirement: Bachelor's Degree including 27 semesters hours in field, three years full-time work experience as a practitioner in field. Must hold current license and be certified in field.
Certified Nursing Assistant – Minimum Requirements: Associate Degree as an RN with teaching experience, Preferred: BSN. Required: Current active, unencumbered Alabama Registered Nursing License, current CPR certification at Health Care Provider Level through American Heart Association or American Red Cross. Required: two years clinical experience. Salary will be based on nursing educational level. This is a part-time position, maximum of 19 hours per week. This class is offered every two weeks and work hours are contingent on class enrollment.
– Minimum Requirement: Bachelor’s Degree including 27 semester hours in field and three years full-time work experience as a practitioner in the field.
Engineering Graphics – Minimum Requirement: Bachelor’s Degree including 27 semester hours in field and three years full-time work experience as a practitioner in the field.
Nursing - Minimum Requirements: Master's Degree and 18 graduate semester hours in Nursing. Current, active, unencumbered Alabama Registered Nursing License - Required. Current CPR certification at Health Care Provider Level through American Heart Association or American Red Cross - Required. Two years' clinical experience, at least one year in an acute in-patient medical-surgical setting or one year in a maternal or pediatric setting – Preferred. SALARY: Nursing adjunct instructors are paid $35.00 per hour. This is a part-time position, maximum of 18 hours per week.
Welding – Minimum Requirement: Associate Degree with specialized coursework in field, three years full-time work experience as a practitioner in field. Must hold current license and be certified in field.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Deliver each class to ensure an effective learning experience.
- Submit to the Division Chair a course plan for each course taught.
- Maintain a high level of competence and expertise in the teaching field or subject area.
- Incorporate current teaching techniques, subject area developments, and current technology (if applicable) into the learning experience.
- Provide classroom instruction in accordance with approved course outlines.
- Inform students concerning course requirements, evaluation procedures, attendance requirements, and academic progress.
- Provide for effective evaluation of the learning experience of each student.
- Maintain necessary attendance, scholastic, and personnel records and submit them according to announced deadlines.
- Prepare and grade assignments, projects, and examinations as required.
- Demonstrate effective people skills, communication skills, and work ethic (i.e., preparation and punctuality).
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to the mission and goals of the community college.
- Perform additional essential job functions that are unique to the instructor position and/or teaching field.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate commitment to
- Student learning outcomes and assessment and improvement of student learning.
- Student retention and success.
- Challenging and cultivating student achievement beyond the classroom.
- Supporting a diverse population of learners.
- Working in a participatory and collegial setting.
- Supporting continuous improvement of curricula and services
- Use technology and other innovative approaches to enhance the teaching/learning process.
- Post and maintain student hours in accordance with prevailing policy.
SALARY: Adjunct instructors are paid $30.00 per hour.
Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and must submit a complete application packet. Complete application files will be accepted by the Office of the Dean of Instructional and Student Services on a continuous basis and remain active for available positions. Available positions are contingent upon enrollment and the instructional needs of the College. A complete adjunct application file consists of the following items:
- A completed and signed J. F. Drake State Technical College Employment Application
- A current resume
- Official Transcripts from all colleges attended
- Applicants in Career Technical teaching fields must provide employment verification of full-time experience as a practitioner in the technical or occupational field. Documentation must be on employer letterhead and signed by an authorized representative of the company.
- Applicants in teaching fields that require licensure, state or technical certification(s) and /or specialized training must provide a copy of their current license, certification, and/or documentation of specialized training. Applicants who have questions about specific requirements in a particular teaching field should contact the Office of the Dean of Instructional and Student Services at 256-551-3108.
NOTE: FAILURE TO RECEIVE ANY OF THE ABOVE ITEMS WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM FURTHER CONSIDERATION.
Application forms(pdf format or word doc format) are available online or by contacting the Office of Human Resources at 256-551-5214. Complete applications should be returned to:
J. F. Drake State Community and Technical College
ATTN: Office of Human Resources
3421 Meridian Street, North
Huntsville, AL 35811
It is the official policy of the Alabama Department of Postsecondary Education, including postsecondary institutions under the control of the State Board of Education, that no person in Alabama shall, on the grounds of race, color, handicap, sex, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. The college reserves the right to withdraw this job announcement at any time prior to awarding.