INTENT TO EMPLOY
POSITION: ADJUNCT POSITIONS
Minimum Requirement: Master’s Degree and 18 graduate hours in field from a regionally accredited institution.
Career Technical Education
Accounting – Minimum Requirement: Master’s Degree and 18 graduate semester hours in Accounting.
Automotive Technology – Minimum Requirement: Bachelor's Degree including 27 semesters hours in field, three years full-time work experience as a practitioner in field. Must hold current license and be certified in field.
Certified Nursing Assistant – Minimum Requirements: Associate Degree as an RN with teaching experience, Preferred: BSN. Required: Current active, unencumbered Alabama Registered Nursing License, current CPR certification at Health Care Provider Level through American Heart Association or American Red Cross. Required: two years clinical experience. Salary will be based on nursing educational level. This is a part-time position, maximum of 19 hours per week. This class is offered every two weeks and work hours are contingent o
Culinary Arts – Minimum Requirement: Bachelor's Degree including 27 semester hours in field and three years full-time work experience as a practitioner in the field.
Engineering Graphics – Minimum Requirement: Bachelor’s Degree including 27 semester hours in field and three years full-time work experience as a practitioner in the field.
Medical Assistant Technology (MAT) - Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree with 27 semester hours in the teaching field. Required – Experience in microbiology, urinalysis, serology, blood chemistry, OSHA/CLIA regulations and blood draw. Preferred: two years’ or more work experience in a diagnostic laboratory or doctor’s office. Salary: MAT adjunct instructors are paid $30.00 per hour. This is a part-time position, maximum of 19 hours per week.
Nursing - Minimum Requirements: Master's Degree and 18 graduate semester hours in Nursing. Current, active, unencumbered Alabama Registered Nursing License - Required. Current CPR certification at Health Care Provider Level through American Heart Association or American Red Cross - Required. Two years' clinical experience, at least one year in an acute in-patient medical-surgical setting or one year in a maternal or pediatric setting – Preferred. SALARY: Nursing adjunct instructors are paid $35.00 per hour. This is a part-time position, maximum of 18 hours per week.
Welding – Minimum Requirement: Associate Degree with specialized coursework in field, three years full-time work experience as a practitioner in field. Must hold current license and be certified in field.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform the duties as specified in conformity with policies established
by the Alabama Community College System Board of Trustees and the J.F.
Drake State Community and Technical College Faculty and Staff Handbook.
- Deliver each class to ensure an effective learning experience.
- Submit to the Division Chair a course plan for each course taught.
- Maintain a high level of competence and expertise in the teaching field or subject area.
- Incorporate current teaching techniques, subject area developments, and current technology (if applicable) into the learning experience.
- Provide classroom instruction in accordance with approved course outlines.
- Inform students concerning course requirements, evaluation procedures, attendance requirements, and academic progress.
- Provide for effective evaluation of the learning experience of each student.
- Maintain necessary attendance, scholastic, and personnel records and submit them according to announced deadlines.
- Prepare and grade assignments, projects, and examinations as required.
- Demonstrate effective people skills, communication skills, and work ethic (i.e., preparation and punctuality).
- Retain and submit documentation as requested to support accreditation efforts.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to the mission and goals of the community college.
- Perform additional essential job functions that are unique to the instructor position and/or teaching field.
- Perform other work related responsibilities as assigned by the Division Chair, Associate Dean of Instruction, Dean of Instruction and/or the President.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate commitment to
- Student learning outcomes and assessment and improvement of student learning.
- Student retention and success.
- Challenging and cultivating student achievement beyond the classroom.
- Supporting a diverse population of learners.
- Working in a participatory and collegial setting.
- Supporting continuous improvement of curricula and services
- Use technology and other innovative approaches to enhance the teaching/learning process.
- Post and maintain student hours in accordance with prevailing policy.
SALARY: Adjunct instructors are paid $30.00 per hour.
Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and must submit a completed application packet to be considered for this position. Complete application files will be accepted by the Office of Human Resources on a continuous basis and remain active for available positions. Available positions are contingent upon enrollment and the instructional needs of the College. A complete adjunct application file consists of the following items:
- A completed and signed J F. Drake State Community and Technical College Employment Application
- A current resume
- Official Transcripts from all colleges attended
- Applicants in Career Technical teaching fields must provide employment verification of full-time experience as a practitioner in the technical or occupational field. Documentation must be on employer letterhead and signed by an authorized representative of the company.
- Applicants in teaching fields that require licensure, state or technical certification(s) and /or specialized training must provide a copy of their current license, certification, and/or documentation of specialized training. Applicants who have questions about specific requirements in a particular teaching field should contact the Office of the Dean of Instructional and Student Services at 256-551-3108.
NOTE: FAILURE TO RECEIVE ANY OF THE ABOVE ITEMS WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM FURTHER CONSIDERATION.
Application forms(pdf format or word doc format) are available online or by contacting the Office of Human Resources at 256-551-5214. Complete applications should be returned to:
J. F. Drake State Community and Technical College
ATTN: Office of Human Resources
3421 Meridian Street, North
Huntsville, AL 35811
All applicants must have on file a completed application packet. From all the applications received, a screening committee will select the applicants to be interviewed. Interviews will be by appointment only. Applicants must demonstrate proficiency in written English as part of the on-campus interview process. All applicants must adhere to the College's prescribed interview schedule and must travel at his/her own expense. Employment will be contingent upon the receipt of a clearance notification from the criminal background check. J.F. Drake State Community and Technical college is an active participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify). E-Verify electronically confirms an employee's eligibility to work in the United States as required by the Department of Homeland Security. Verification of Employment letters will be required after an offer of employment has been made. Verification letters must include the applicant's beginning and ending dates of employment, employment title, and indicate if the employment was full or part time. This information is required within fifteen (15) working days of acceptance of an employment offer.
J.F. Drake State Community and Technical College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the official policy of the Alabama Community College System (ACCS), including post-secondary institutions under the control of the ACCS, that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, handicap, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. J.F. Drake State Community and Technical College will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees. The college reserves the right to withdraw this job announcement at any time prior to awarding. J.F. Drake State Community and Technical College compiles information about safety and security and publishes an annual report. This report can be found on the website by accessing the crime and safety report link. The link can be found on the Drake State home page by clicking on the "About Us" tab and then selecting the "Campus Security Report" link. A copy can also be obtained by contacting the Dean of Operations at 256-551-7268.